A previous article “Hidden Unemployment – Hidden Treasure” indicated that at this time there is a lot of talent between roles. It is not unusual for a Senior Executive to take as much as 12 months to secure their next full time role. There is also a trend for Senior Executives not wishing to return to “permanent roles” but preferring to take on assignment based or interim work.
At Kingscroft we are often approached by Directors, CFOs, Project Directors, EGMs and General Managers as well as specialists/experts in Risk, Engineering and Supply Chain seeking interim assignments in Australia and overseas. They come out of the Infrastructure, Engineering Services, Industrial Services, Resources, Transport, Road, Rail, Aged Care, Health, Manufacturing and Supply Chain sectors.
The flexibility, skills and experience that these people possess represents significant value to organisations: which are struggling to fill vacant positions; require complex business issues to be addressed; or just need someone to step in and hold things together during a period of change. Often having held more senior or broader roles, Senior Executives bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the table that can be leveraged without commitment to ongoing employment or ongoing and expensive engagement of management consultancies.
Kingscroft is positioned to both source and place Interim Executives through our own networks and those of NPA worldwide a global cooperative of over 400 independently owned and operated recruitment organisations.
Sample Profiles of Available Interim Executives/Managers
Senior General Manager experienced in operational management in the Road Infrastructure space.
Senior General Manager roles span 19 years of a 42 year career. While experience is largely in the construction and maintenance industry, his senior experience has been more of a general business management nature, including the fiscal management of the entities he managed, business growth, capital expenditure, business development, people development and succession planning, health and safety, team building, and strategic business management.
People are number One!
He is a strong believer in treating all members of a team with respect. Ensuring that each member of the team has a strong sense of self-worth, understanding their role in a team, and most importantly the responsibility that comes with owning that role. His unique style and skill develops strong sustainable teams, by creating personal development paths for each member of his team and driving accountability within.
Safety before Profit.
He has driven significant improvement in safety culture in all the businesses where he worked as a Senior Manager, as well as winning significant awards for his achievements.
Understand the Value behind the Numbers
Years of operational and project management before becoming a senior manager meant his eye for detail around cost accounting and management accounts is systematic and analytical. He is a strong proponent of Activity Based costing driving performance in operational companies. This provides a solid base for estimating on new projects or operations, and reforecasting for coming years with operational improvement and change management in mind. “If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it”. A manager who is not frightened to roll up his sleeves, and being capable of detailed analysis himself, he makes good use of business analysts.
Create Space and time for Quality Strategic Thinking.
This is a manager who looks at targets and aspirations for the coming 5 years, and creates diversity in the management team to develop high performance units, ensuring adequate time to plan, evaluate, document, and allocate resources to this process.
Senior Legal Counsel with over 25 years commercial experience within corporate, government & legal practice
- Executive management in law, strategic advice to other executive managers, board directors, government ministers and senior public
- Executive management in legislative & regulatory compliance, corporate governance, risk and commercial management.
- Demonstrated leadership in legal management, deal flow, people management, key client and stakeholder relationships.
- Technical skills in project management, policy compliance, due diligence and major
- Strategy development and implementation of companywide
- I have held a number of board positions as Chairwomen of a Regulatory Board in WA, Deputy Chair of the largest WA NFP Social Enterprise, independent board member and executive member on Joint Venture boards
- Sitting in a quasi–‐judicial role for prosecutions regarding breaches of professional standards.
- Winner of the “Women in Law Awards” November 2014 as the best In–‐house Counsel.
- An accredited Graded Arbitrator & Mediator and Fellow of CIArb and ACICArb
- Accredited Mediator & Arbitrator
- Adjudicator Accreditation
- Advanced Certificate Arbitration
- Indirect Taxes – Australia
- Mediation Accreditation
- Accounting Managerial Decisions
- Grad Dip Environmental Law
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor Education (Secondary)