Navigate to

Working in Australia

If you want to live and work in Australia, you will need to apply for a visa first. The type of visa you apply for will depend on your skills, experience and current circumstances.

There are several options available, including:

  • Skilled – Independent (migrant) Visas
  • Partner Visas
  • Business Visas
  • Permanent and Provisional Visas
  • Employer-Sponsored Visas
  • Family Migration Visas
  • Special Activity Visas
  • Working Holiday Visas

As visa information and conditions do change at times and the Skilled Migrant List, which includes professions that have a shortage of workers in Australia, is regularly updated, you will find out more by visiting: or


General enquiries: 131 881

General skilled migration enquiries: 1300 364 613

Australian Citizenship: 131 880

Employers’ Immigration Hotline: 1800 040 070

Note: These numbers are only available if you are calling from Australia. For enquiries outside Australia, visit